Last updated: 27 September 2018
Please read Mesh UK Charitable Trust’s policy on using cookies, including a list of the cookies we use.
- What are cookies?
- Cookies are widely used tiny pieces of software (files) that are installed on a computer or mobile device via the browser (e.g. Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox) when an individual visits a website.
- Cookies allow websites to recognise that a user on an individual computer has previously visited the site. The cookies save some information about that user for when they access the site again in the future.
- By using and browsing the Mesh UK Charitable Trust website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site.
- Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the ‘help’ menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
- Cookie consent
- By using our website, our social media pages (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram), subscribing to our services, and/or making a donation to us, you agree that, unless you disabled them within your internet browser, we can place the types of cookies set out below on your device and use that data in accordance with this Policy.
- What types of cookies are there?
Broadly, there are 4 types of cookie:
- Performance cookies.These cookies collect anonymous information about users for the purpose of assessing the performance of a website. Common uses include well-known web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Functionality cookies.These are cookies that automatically remember choices that users have previously made in order to improve their experience next time they visit a website. For example, where users select their preferred settings and layout.
- Targeting or Advertising cookies.These cookies are similar to performance cookies, in that they collect information about users’ behaviour. However, this information is used at individual user level to advertise products and services to users on the basis of the behavioural information collected.
- Other Cookies
- Mesh UK Charitable Trust sometimes use 3rd party agencies to advertise and bring traffic to certain parts of the site, for example where we have a specific campaign/fundraiser. These cookies are placed by one of our 3rd-party agencies to allow them to track the activities of visitors that have come to the site from their adverts.